Aluminum Storm Panels are made from .050 aluminum and are Miami-Dade County approved. Town and Country manufactures them for us in 20 ft lengths and we custom cut them here in our Hibiscus Blvd. manufacturing facility.
Panels may be mounted directly to your home, or use advanced track mounting systems to make installation quicker and easier.
Whatever your choice, we have examples of all styles of panel mounting in our new showroom
For information on how to deploy your storm panels, link here
Tested to withstand the NEW 2010 wind standard for ASCE 7-98, with base speeds of up to 150 mph wind load as well as Dade & Monroe counties with base wind speeds ranging from 110 to 155 mph.
Tested in accordance with Dade county protocols PA201, PA202 and PA203, which cover impact from wind born debris, wind load and cycle load testing.
For engineering and approvals please click here
Lexan Storm Panels
Lexan clear polycarbonate storm panels are the lightweight choice for storm protection. Made by Transparent Protection Systems, these panels are easy to install, look great, are accepted by most homeowners associations, and best of all are Miami-Dade approved for High Velocity Hurricane Zones! Here at HPW Windows and Doors we custom cut exactly what size panel you need. Whether it’s your whole house or just a few to insert in with your existing aluminum panels, HPW Windows and Doors is your place for custom cut Lexan panels!
- Will not shatter, rust, or corrode
- Ultra light-weight, compared to steel panels
- Made from super tough polycarbonate resin. No sharp edges
- Completely transparent, allows light inside & vision outside
- Meets or exceeds ICC, TDI, FBC, Dade, and new ASTM requirements
- Standard widths allow for compatibility with metal panels
- Easy for handling, stacking, and allows for metal upgrades